The Most Historical Week of All History

Monday, April 14, 2014

Dear Parents, Mom and Dad/Dad and Mom,
This is the week of Easter! I am so excited for this time, except it seems everyone around me is like, "Bah! Humbug!" Everyone seems to be in a depressing mood. I am excited because this week is one of the most historical of all history. This is the week where Jesus performed the Atonement! So, this week I plan on focusing on the Savior and any spare time, any time I do have I am reading the gospels and continuing my study of the New Testament. I am a bit far from the Last Week, but I will be able to get to it, hopefully before Easter Sunday. There was an emergency email that we got from President that I thought was a great idea from the Church. I am usually the one complaining about the limitations we do have (particularly with studies), but I was really, really excited. The Church has put out a video titled 'Because of Him,' which can be found here: mormon.org/BecauseofHim. It is an excellent video and despite not having the technological capacity to share it, I wish I could tell people about it. But, again, everyone is a depressing mood and thinks that this video has come out too late and that there is not enough notice. Sigh. This video is great for sharing and it puts the focus on the meaning of Easter. It can be shared and talked about it. Man, if I had the capacity to use it, I would not only share the video, but also share the site and other "Life of Jesus Christ" videos that correlate with this last week and other discourses that are available via video. Alas, I do not, but hopefully I inspired you to at least remember Easter.
Our knee replacement less active (the one who broke his leg two years ago) went to the hospital again for pain. So, I have not seen him in a while. I made him a birthday card, but that is going to be held onto until he gets out. (We are not able, without permission, to go see him.) 

Tuesday, we had interviews with President. I went on exchanges with the district leader in Manchester. We ran into this one family, which were quite nice. Their kids gave us a tour of the house and showed us their toys. There is something always new that happens. 

Wednesday, I have no recollection of. None, because I was tired. I woke up at 4 in the morning with a migraine. It sucked. I thought by closing my eyes, I could go back to sleep and take care of it in the morning. No. My body wanted to be awake and I should have thought, "Oh yeah, I need to get medicine, because my body specifically woke me up to do that." When I have headache, I do not think, because it hurts. So, I laid there for an hour, because I did not have medicine on me for I was on exchanges and I was the only one to be up at the time. In the midst of agony, I was so kind enough to let people sleep. Finally, I woke up someone to see where they had medicine, especially after my headache migrated from the back of my head to the middle and I was starting to get cold shakes. After taking medicine, I was able to sleep for an hour and a half when I had to get up. I was tired and wiped out the entire day. Not much to say about Wednesday.
Thursday, we mainly planned. We saw one of our investigators who is progressing to baptism. He is slowly quitting smoking, which is good. We answered his questions about the Plan of Salvation. 

Friday was a day of service. From 11 to 8, we helped people. For one person, we helped her clean her koi pond. I saved a fish's life, because it somehow, as rocks were being removed, got on the ground. Later on, I noticed it (it looked dead) and the woman touched it. It wiggled and she tossed it in. She hated to have the fish removed, because she was afraid of hurting them. As we were filling it up and it got to nice level, she briefly went inside. My companion decided to toss the fish back in, because it was the only way and it would not hurt them. She came back out and was so afraid that by tossing the fish, it would hurt them. Eventually, all seven fish were back in the pond. Then, we helped another person who needed some yard work done. We had an excellent dinner with them. 

Saturday, we tried to find people that are less active, which was fruitless, unfortunately. Sunday, we had an excellent dinner with some members. It was fajitas and they gave us sangria. It was a nice meal. Then, we had a nice conversation with another member who needs help. It was a good week.
And now, my companion is sick and I have a sore throat (sort of). I woke up with a very sore throat, but I drank lemonade and my problem is pretty much almost gone. I am just spitting up gunk. Other than that, I am perfectly fine. (Well, I am not perfect, but I am fine.) My companion is just very sick. Other than that, everything is good. The apostle that is coming is David A. Bednar, which is one of my well-liked apostles. With him will be Elder Lynn G. Robins and Bishop Davies. I am excited for that. 
I am glad to hear of the thoughtfulness of the elder's on Dad's birthday. I am glad things are going well.

I am so excited for Easter. Because of Him, my joy is full. I can be clean and live again with my Heavenly Father. I can be with my family forever. Because of His Great Sacrifice, I will follow his example. As he said to those of old, to which also applies to us, "Come, follow me." I solemnly testify that Jesus is the Christ. He lived on this earth and died for each and every one of us. I know that He rose from the dead. He lives! He is Risen! I know these to be true for I know them by the power of the Holy Ghost. I know Jesus Christ. This I do testify, in His name, Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,

Elder S. Todd